Monday, September 3, 2012

The Truth About Hair In America

Hair is an issue that has been on my mind since the mid-90s and I have been wondering what can I do to help women who are constantly trying to help themselves, but still get shafted. The year 2013 will be a pivotal year for America as we will either have four more years of leadership from the first African-American President or there could be someone different with more conservative views. No matter what happens in the White House, we will still wake up with issues concerning hair. I would challenge you who receive the newsletter, and have the hair thing down to share your success stories with me so that I can share them with our readers. There are exciting things in store for GLORY...THE HAIR in the next year and for competitive copy cat reasons, they will not be revealed in this newsletter until they happen. Just know that after sharing this information, you will feel even more empowered. According to Stylelist, women will spend over $50,000 on their hair during their lifetime. Others say the hair care industry is a $50 billion dollar business. Look at your television, look in magazines, look on billboards and just surf the web. Hair rules. Taking care of your hair is a preoccupation. Coloring, relaxing, shampooing, and styling hair is serious business. Let us not talk about weaves. I believe that the reason why a lot of African-American women are having problems all of a sudden with hair dressers is greed. Some hairdressers will over process your hair or damage your hair just to make sure that you have a weave or a wig. They make more money with sew-ins. This is something that some Americans don't have to worry with. They can wash and go, and get their hair clipped every 3 months. Don't get me wrong. I could use some extensions. I just don't want any. I like looking nice, but if I can't really spend a lot of time on my hair I am not going to spend a lot of time on a weave. Everyone from celebrities to authors sport weaves on a regular basis. There is nothing wrong with that. However there is nothing wrong with a person not wanting to have the upkeep of weave or wigs because they don't have time, money, etc. Please hairdressers don't sabotage your sisters because they are cute, in shape, got a man, have a nice job, etc.

No comments: