Monday, January 18, 2021

You Can Be A Witness

We made it to 2021.  We have suffered a lot in the last year.  It can be summed up or attributed to one word...Coronavirus.  This disease or virus has taken a toll on America.  I would like to think that we are in recovery mode.  Yet, we still have millions of Americans that need to be vaccinated. I have attended too many funerals attributed to Coronavirus and have heard of many that have had the virus and recovered.  My job has been virtual since March of last year.  Most churches have been virtual since last April.  Yet, I still feel like being a witness for the Lord.

Sometimes, I wonder why are we going through all of this.  I just know from history that every generation has seen a plague, virus, or flu. Click here for History of pandemics for Americans. We just pray and go through.  While we are at home a lot, we are still working.  We can witness more, even at home. Many of us are on social media more.  Even those who used to complain about social media must embrace it.

Homes that didn't have technology now have it.  I remember when I would give assignments and students would tell me they wouldn't be able to go to the library.  That is not the case in most homes now.  They can just hop on the internet and do their research.

Many people had gotten lazy and would not church regularly.  Now, services are virtual.  I wonder when things fully open up if people will flock to the house of God.  Our church closed for in-person services in April.  We went back around October or November for one service, and we haven't been back since because of the COVID-19 numbers in our county.

I still feel the need to witness to people.  We have young people dying from COVID-19 and middle-aged and older people.  Now, they are rolling out vaccines.  I signed up for testing in the teacher category.  I know they really want us to return to school.  I would like to go back when everything is ready.  This virus is just so mysterious.

Even before this virus hit, I believed that people were slowly being raptured.  With the events of late, I still believe that to be true.  I have been trying to encourage people everywhere I go to get right and stay right.  I have prayed for deaths to slow down and they have not.  I have asked God can we catch a break, and we caught one because we have the vaccines for COVID-19.

I will continue to be a witness and hope that I can maintain some longevity down here.  You can be a witness as well.  Will you?


1 comment:

unknown said...


i love your article. you can visit my website.
https://cracksmid.com/