Sunday, December 12, 2021

Divine Protection

First of all, I am praying for those impacted by tornadoes that sweep through at least six states. My condolences to those who lost relatives, friends, neighbors, co-workers or others in the series of tornadoes.  I like many others pressed my way to church today.  For many of us, it may seem routine.  For others, it is what we do on Sundays since we don't really have to be virtual. Like I and many others, it was an opportunity to give God praise for divine protection.  

Ironically, I had gone to church this past Tuesday for Divine Protection Night.  I usually press my way on that particular day and take photos of relatives, bills, business plans, and other things that I want to lay before the Lord.  Sometimes, we take God's goodness for granted.  I know those who were trapped in the candle factory or at work at that Amazon plant had no idea that this type of fate awaited them.  Too many times, we put our religious life on the back burner and don't take it as seriously as we should.  If you have been alive for any length of time, you know that situations, weather, and other things are just a little bit strange these days.

We are still in a pandemic although I would like to think that we are heading out of that.  People who I thought that I could trade stories with as we aged are no longer here.  I still have joy even though we have lost many in 2021 and just trying to make it to 2022 for better days.   I hope that you take a few things with you in the new year.  I hope that you take some faith with you because you will need it.  I hope that you take a prayer life with you because it is necessary.  I hope that you take peace with you because that's the only thing that can help you keep your sanity.

No comments: